There’s a story I love to tell of a mostly unknown woman named Jael. She singlehandedly won a huge battle for a whole tribe of people by doing the most unlikely and shocking thing. In the thick of the fighting, she offered the enemy commander (who was sneaking away) a safe place to hide, made him comfortable, and then, as he slept, drove a tent peg through his head and killed him.
It’s a violent story, to be sure. (Which explains why it’s rarely told.) But just imagine if it had been, if she was known; if she was known by you…
- Imagine if you had been been lulled to sleep by the tale of a shockingly brave woman who overcame every fear and did what had to be done – no matter what others thought, expected, or allowed.
- Imagine if you’d had a model, a template, a subconscious plot line within that invited and compelled courage, boldness, and strength.
- Imagine if it never crossed your mind to choose being good over being right.
- Imagine if you had no idea what seen-not-heard even meant.
- Imagine if you never compromised yourself on behalf of another.
- Imagine if no part of you held back, played it safe, or waited to be invited into the, arena onto the stage, or out of the shadows.
Hard to imagine, isn’t it?
What if it wasn’t? What if we just knew who we were – our strength, our wisdom, our divinity, our sovereignty? No questions asked. No doubt. No wondering. Clear. Certain. Sure. Solid. 100% ourselves.
This is, at least in part, why stories like Jael’s matter. She moves us from *simply* imagining that kind of strength and courage to actually acknowledging it – to living it.
So, no imagination required – hear Jael’s voice on your behalf:
This I know – no imagination required: You are braver, stronger, and wiser than anyone knows, than even you know.
This I know – no imagination required: You fight for what you love, for what matters most, for your very self – as your hands shake and your voice trembles and your heart races. Still and always – brave, strong, and wise. Still and always – bringing victory and peace. Still and always – worthy of endless song and celebration.
This I know – no imagination required: I am Jael and you are my daughter, my lineage, my kin.
She knows of what she speaks…
May it be so.
This I know – no imagination required: You are surrounded and supported, held and honored by more than just Jael. (Though she’s something, isn’t she?) Countless ancient, sacred women with stories and voices that remind you of who you truly are: brave, strong, and wise. Sovereign.
I retell, reimagine, and redeem these stories – Jael’s and many more – in SOVEREIGNTY – my live, 9-week program. And companioning the stories is powerful and practical content about hearing and trusting your own wisdom, acknowledging your agency, stepping into courage, and holding on to hope. Every bit of this on behalf of you being 100% yourself, 100% of the time. No imagination required!
Registration is open for the cohort that begins in early September. Learn more. Apply today. Join me!